Thursday, January 13, 2011

Class 1

I was originally apprehensive about having to take a course on technology. I was worried because I don't feel that I know how to use a lot of different types of technology, and was worried that I would not be successful in the course. Technology has a great impact on our society, and I feel that it is important for us to learn about technology, and learn how it is being used in the classroom. It is also important to realize the implications that technology outside of the classroom will have on our students. Many children today are submersed in a technological world. As a future teacher, it is important to understand the technology that our students will be using, and understand how it effects their day to day lives. I believe that it is also important to teach students how to use technology safely, and in a way that will enrich their lives. That being said, I also believe that we should not be dependent on technology, and we must understand that an effective teacher does not need to rely on computer and smart boards. to teach. We must realize that there will be times where access to technology may not be available, and developing a dependency on certain resources may get in the way of classroom success. I look forward to learning about the pros and cons of technology in schools.

2 comments:

  1. I definitely agree alexa. Not only on the point of technology not being a necessity in the classroom, but to learn more about the PROs of technology in schools. I feel I don't know a lot about technology in the classrooms either, and am looking forward to learning more about it.

    ReplyDelete